Thursday, August 30, 2012

favourites: august 2012


August and September are at the top of my favourite months, mostly because I absolutely love summer and early fall, and that's what August and September are. I love summer and its fresh produce, sunshine, colourful beauty and ice cream. And I love early autumn; the cool but not cold days, woollen socks, hot cups of tea and coffee enjoyed outside at the porch (under a blanket), apples (baked into crisps and crumbles), sweaters and boots. I'm excited.

  • Speaking of tea and coffee (both of which I love), autumn is the time to start making dirty chai lattés. For that, it's good to have good spiced chai concentrate.
  • This striped cotton sweater. Beautiful, cozy, pretty. Pair with black jeans and you're done. So, so pretty.
  • Broccoli Mac and Cheese. Um, because really. To be honest, I'm not that big on mac & cheese. I think you need to grow up in the States to love that. Still, this dish seems absolutely delicious.
  • I'm definitely making these raspberry oat bars. These are everything that I love - raspberries, coconut, oats. Simple, yet they look scrumptious. I think these will become a new favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment